The city has its perks: lots of accessible public transportation, tons of culture, and no matter the time of day or day of the week, there’s always something to do. But, since the pandemic, people have begun to discover (or in some cases, rediscover) the beauty of living in the suburbs. With more spacious indoor living spaces, built-in outdoor spaces, less traffic, and quieter, the suburbs have not only given the city a run for its money, but are surpassing the city for some people.
The decision to make a big move from the lights and excitement of the city to the milder, more relaxed suburbs can be a big one. And once it’s made, you may feel like you want to hurry up and get it over with, so you don’t change your mind. But first, you must sell your city home and find a place to live in the ‘burbs.
So where do you begin?
To Buy or Sell: That is the Question
There are so many steps to moving, but one thing is key: you must have somewhere to move your belongings.
Many think selling their current home is the first step to moving. But if you don’t have a new home yet, you’ll need to put your possessions in storage and pay for a hotel or stay with family or friends while you look for your new home. This can be expensive and stressful.
Logically, then, it would seem that you should find a place to live before you sell your current home. Once you’ve made the move, then you can list your home. But then you’ll have to:
- Make repairs or improvements to entice buyers
- Come back to the city for showings, inspections, and appraisals
- Drive back to the city for closing
Driving back and forth to the city so much may not be what you had in mind when you envisioned your new life in the ‘burbs.
Not to mention, what if your home doesn’t sell quickly? You aren’t the only one with the urge to leave the hustle and bustle behind for the quieter suburbia. Research in The Atlantic shows that as many as 19 million people (that’s how many people live in New York State!) are considering a move away from the city due to working remotely.
Between rising home prices, increasing mortgage rates, and low housing inventory, some people simply won’t be able to afford to buy a home— or won’t be able to afford the one they really want.
If you buy a home, and your current home sits on the market for weeks or even months, can you afford that? Particularly if you still have a mortgage on your current home, paying two house payments every month may not be feasible for you.
Does that mean you’re stuck in the city until you sell? No! There is another way.
Traditional Real Estate Sales Aren’t Your Only Option
You don’t have to find a real estate agent and list your home. You don’t have to deal with showings, appraisals, inspections and offers that fall through. You don’t have to come back to the city for closing.
There is another way to sell your home. Not only will it not cost you a dime, but it’s fast and easy: sell your home to Homeinc. Our licensed agents make the process smooth and quick, with no repairs needed and no other hoops to jump through.
- Simply call or text Homeinc at 888-850-2636 and we’ll do a quick property analysis. We’ll consider things like: your home’s age, any needed repairs, market position, and complications with ownership. We won’t charge you for this analysis, and when we’re done, we’ll give you a competitive cash offer.
- You can accept or decline the offer. There is no obligation, and you can always contact us for an updated offer if you decline and change your mind later.
- If you accept, we’ll buy your home — exactly as it is. We’ll send you a contract, and closing can be in as little as five days. We’ll handle repairs. We’ll also handle any liens, code violations, and if you’re selling a home inherited from someone else, probate costs.
- Once closing is over, your money is wired straight to your bank account.
You save on commissions, repairs, and time. And if you haven’t found a new home in the ‘burbs yet? We can work with you so you can stay in the home we just bought for a few months!
It really is that simple.
What If I’d Rather List With an Agent?
We’ve got you covered there too! We have a dedicated real estate team that offers:
- Top notch advice
- A top cash offer on your home
- First-rate marketing
- Recommendations on home improvements you can make to increase those top-dollar offers
- A backup offer
Whether you accept an offer from another buyer or our backup offer, we can guarantee your home will sell.
Ready to Make Your Move?
If you’re ready to make your big move from metropolis to ‘burbs, let us help you. Homeinc has over 90 years of home-buying experience. Our experienced team members take great pride in making the process as simple and easy as possible for you and we only give you our best cash offer. We’ll eliminate as many fees as possible for you, including probate fees and commissions. You can make your move to the more relaxed outskirts without worry.
Call or text Homeinc today at 888-850-2636 to get the process started!