While there are a lot of reputable realtors out there, relying on one to help you sell your home may not be your best option, especially if you need to sell your home quickly. There are several options for selling your home, and you need to choose the one that aligns with your goals. Here are a few challenges you might face when listing your home with a realtor.
- Being Stuck in a Contract – getting stuck in a realtor’s listing agreement can be very frustrating. Most agreements state that, no matter how your home is sold, you will still have to pay their commission, even if you locate the buyer. This can be especially frustrating when your realtor is not meeting your expectations.
- Glorified Listing Price – to ensure that you will sign with them, some realtors will glorify your home’s listing price. This could hurt your ability to sell as quickly as you need to, because your higher price is scaring away potential buyers Eventually, you will need to come down on your price, which will cost you both time and money in the long run. Houses that sit on the market for too long, rarely get the attention they deserve.
- Marketing and Other Related Expenses – not all realtors are full-service. Some may charge marketing fees in addition to their commissions. Or they may request that you pay for advertising and marketing. In addition, your realtor may request that you make costly repairs and updates prior to marketing and showing the property.
- Non-Responsive Realtor – nothing is worse than getting stuck with a realtor that wil not return your calls. A good realtor makes you feel that you are their most important client. In addition to not responding to your phone calls promptly, they may not be responding to potential buyers quickly. This may leave you in the dark about what is going on with your house sale and any developments that may have taken place with buyers.
- Upfront Costs and Related Expenses – when listing your home on the market, it needs to be competitively priced with other listings. Most homes require thorough cleanings, maintenance, and repairs. You need to factor in these costs before you sign a listing agreement with a realtor, as they will require that you make updates.
Selling directly to a Cash Home Buying company like Homeinc is a much better option than dealing with the frustrations involved when you work with a traditional realtor. The Homeinc team is made up of a group of professionals that are all licensed real estate agents. The Homeinc process is much faster and easier than listing your home with a realtor. Our team will provide you with a competitive cash offer and will be able to close on your timeline. Let us know how we can help you today- 888-850-2636. www.homeinc.com