Ask This Before Selling Your Home
Selling your home is always a big decision. And if you choose to sell to a home buying company or real estate investor, rather than list on the open market, it pays to do your research upfront.
Here are 8 essential questions to ask any home buyer before signing a contract:
- How will you determine the purchase price?
A buyer should evaluate the market, make comparables, and assess your home’s condition before making an offer.
- What closing costs will I be responsible for?
Many companies cover all typical seller closing fees and commissions. Know what’s included.
- How quickly can we close on the sale?
Some buyers can close in as little as 7 days with an all-cash offer. Others may need 30+ days.
- Will I have to make any repairs before closing?
Most real estate investors buy homes as-is, but some may require certain repairs upfront.
- Are there any hidden fees or costs?
Watch for extra charges baked into the fine print apart from typical closing expenses.
- Do you have references/testimonials I can contact?
Ask for references from others who have sold to the company to do extra due diligence.
- Will you be reselling the home, renting it out, or flipping it?
It’s reasonable to ask how your home will be used – some ways benefit the community more.
- Is your company licensed, bonded, and insured?
Check that the buyer is operating legally and that you are protected. Ask for proof.
When selling to a real estate investment company, vet them thoroughly using questions like these before signing. At Homeinc, we’re happy to provide all details about our ethical, community-driven home buying process. Contact us today to learn more and get a competitive cash offer on your home. Let’s remove the hassles together!